Funding changes for 2014 onwards!
Erasmus+ is the new EU funding programme for education, training, youth and sport, and replaces all previous funding programmes such as Comenius, Leonardo Da Vinci and Grundtvig. As part of the programme, grants are available to enable teachers to participate in training courses in a country other than the country in which they normally work.
Unlike the previous programmes, all Erasmus+ applications must be made through your school or institution. Individual grants are still available, but the application must go through your school!
Who is eligible?
Practising teachers, trainers, lecturers and education staff are all eligible to receive funding for teacher training courses – as long as your school applies. You need to speak to your school / institution NOW to ask them to support your funding application!
*All EU Member States are included in the programme, as well as Iceland, Turkey, Macedonia, Liechtenstein and Norway.
Some key criteria used by Erasmus+ to evaluate applications:
- Relevance of the project: How does the course relate to the priorities of the Erasmus + mobility project and meet the needs and objectives of the participating organisations and individual participants? How are high-quality learning outcomes guaranteed? To what extent is the international scope of the participating organisation reinforced?
- Quality of the project design and implementation: How are the participants appropriately selected and prepared for the course? How does the course fit the one/two year European Development Plan of the organisation? How are the learning outcomes recognised? How is the course being arranged, managed and supported?
- Impact and dissemination: What measures are being used to evaluate the success of the project? What is the impact of the project on the individual and the participating organisation? What dissemination will occur after the course?
When is the deadline?
The deadline for submitting your completed application for the coming year is 11am (UK time) on 2 February 2016.
How do I start the process?
- Select the course that you wish to apply for at KKCL and discuss your intended application with the person in your school responsible for staff development and EU funding. If you have any questions for us at this stage, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Download the KKCL Application Form
- Complete it, indicating that you intend to apply for Erasmus+ funding. After we receive your registration, we will send you a provisional certificate of admission and an invoice. You need to enclose these documents with your application for funding.
- Next, your organisation needs to register on ECAS (European Commission Authentication Service). Once the organisation has done so, you will need to log onto the Participant Portal.with the ECAS account details in order to obtain the unique Participation Code (PIC).
When your organisation has the PIC number, the online application for funding application form can be completed.
- Inform us as soon as you receive the result of your funding application (normally this occurs 10 to 12 weeks after the deadline). If you have not confirmed your place four weeks before the start of the course, we cannot guarantee your place. If your National Agency does not approve your application, please inform us as soon as possible to cancel your course.