The long awaited news has arrived! We’ve just heard from the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) who came for a visit in late February. Find out the result below.
The ISI has been appointed by the UK Border Agency to carry out Educational Oversight inspections for Private Further Education (PFE). All colleges who wish to sponsor Tier 4 students from now on are required to apply for and pass this inspection.
We are pleased to announce that Katherine & King’s College of London has received the highest score: 1, 1, 1!!! So the final verdict is that the college EXCEEDS EXPECTATIONS in all three sections.
That means we excel in the quality of the curriculum, teaching and learners’ achievement, students’ welfare, including health and safety, and the effectiveness of governance, leadership and management.
Here are some highlights from the report:
- Katherine and King’s College provides an outstanding level of provision to its students.
- Teaching is strong for both examination and internally assessed courses.
- Recruitment is effective in ensuring that all students are well placed on their chosen course of study, meeting individuals’ learning aims and goals.
- Students develop high levels of self-esteem, confidence, very effective communication skills and are motivated to learn and achieve.
- Arrangements for student welfare are outstanding with excellent health, safety and safeguarding practice.
- The college premises are of an exemplary standard with excellent maintenance and cleanliness throughout.
- The college follows all recommended arrangements for child protection for students under the age of 18.
- Policies for all aspects are in place, implemented and updated very successfully.
- Governance, leadership and management are exemplary.
- Management, staff and student relationships are exemplary.
- All students are extremely happy and satisfied with the college.