At KKCL our focus is on a friendly, safe and accommodating homestay experience in suburban London, which complements our British Council – accredited English language programmes for both adult and junior students.
We welcome new applications from homestay hosts living in Harrow who are looking to host an international student.
There are many reasons why you might want to become a homestay host:
- Learn about new places and cultures
- Participate in an educational experience without having to teach
- Become more aware of your own culture through the experience of others
- Build lasting international friendships
- Expand the social and cultural horizons of younger family members
- Safer and more flexible than renting your spare room to a lodger
- Under the Rent a Room Scheme the first £4,250 of homestay income is free of tax
A homestay host should:
- Speak English as the main language in the home
- Be willing to undergo the necessary checks related to safeguarding and child protection
- Have adequate space and facilities to accommodate student needs
- Provide a friendly home environment which promotes social interaction and is open to different cultures
- Give a full and accurate profile of your home including all residents, smoking policies and pets – and be willing for our homestay team to check in person
To host junior students, you must have an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. If you have not applied for a DBS check before, we can help you obtain one quickly and with minimum fuss.
We are currently recruiting in the following postcodes:
HA0, HA1, HA2, HA3, HA4, HA9, UB5, UB6
We are located on the border of Harrow, Brent and Ealing councils. Local tube stations include Sudbury Hill, South Harrow, Sudbury Town, Greenford, Harrow-on-the-Hill and North Wembley.
How to Apply
If you are interested in becoming a Homestay Provider and would like more specific information, please contact us or feel free to complete the Homestay Provider Application Form below.
If you complete the Homestay Provider Application Form, your details will be added to our database. After reviewing your details we will be in contact to arrange a visit and follow up your application before confirming your status as a KKCL Homestay Provider.